Warranty terms & conditions
Fassi Gru SpA warrants its products free from defects of construction for a period of 12 months for all components and for 36 months for structural components only (base, column, booms).
The warranty period is reduced to 24 months for structural components for cranes utilised with brick grabs, clamshell bucket (only when application is specifically authorised) or similar implement. The use of the crane with scrap grapples, log grabs, grapple saws & augers is not authorised.
The warranty period starts from the date of delivery to the final purchaser.
The warranty consists of the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of products manufactured by Fassi Gru SpA that appear under the conditions of normal operation and in proper use and as ascertained and acknowledged by Fassi UK Ltd.
Possible delays in the execution of the works do not determine any right of damages reimbursement or extension of the warranty period.
No reimbursement for down time due to the immobilisation of the unit is acknowledged or for forced inactivity consequent of the breakdown and the repair.
The expenses concerning the transfer of the unit to one of our authorised service points (https://www.fassiuk.com/network.html) for the repair are on behalf of the purchaser (back to base).
In cases where the crane or outriggers cannot be stowed for travel it may be necessary for a Fassi UK authorised service partner to attend on site (UK mainland [excludes any & all islands & remote parts of Scotland] within 50 mile radius of an authorised service partner only).
The warranty for non Fassi Gru SpA fabricated components or implements is the one offered by its respective producer.
The consumable material including hydraulic oil, grease, guide shoes, remote control batteries etc… are excluded from the warranty.
The warranty on replaced materials follows the one of the unit.
The warranty is void if the crane:
1. is not utilised in conformity with the instructions contained in the use & maintenance manual (UMM).
2. is utilised with non-compatible implements or compatible implements are not utilised in conformity with the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. is not maintained by a Fassi UK authorised service partner in line with the recommended service schedule as contained in the use & maintenance manual (UMM).
4. lack of daily/weekly/quarterly preventative maintenance & checks carried out by the operator as defined in the use & maintenance manual (UMM) to include but not limited to greasing & lubrication of guide pads, extension booms, outrigger beams & column / base bushes.
5. damage is caused by accidents, carelessness, operator misuse (for example, extremely heavy use or exceeding load limits defined in the operating instructions), utilisation of nonoriginal parts, not produced and/or not supplied, tested, and sold by the producer.
6. is modified, repaired, or disassembled, even in part, outside the service partner authorised by the seller or not belonging to the commercial and service organisation of the producer.
7. the installation on the vehicle is not made following the published mounting instructions of the producer or is carried out by an organisation not belonging to the Fassi UK Ltd authorised installer group & without the previous authorisation of Fassi Gru SpA.
Extended 2nd year component warranty can only be purchased from Fassi UK or its authorised dealers at the time of purchase of the crane. It covers the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of products manufactured by Fassi Gru SpA that appear under the conditions of normal operation and in proper use. It does not cover normal deterioration or wear and tear, for example to hydraulic hoses. The expenses concerning the transfer of the unit to one of our authorised service points (https://www.fassiuk.com/network.html) for the repair are on behalf of the purchaser (back to base). In cases where the crane or outriggers cannot be stowed for travel it may be necessary for a Fassi UK authorised service partner to attend on site (UK mainland within 50 mile radius of an authorised service partner only) & this will be strictly at the expense of the purchaser.
The tampering of any sealed safety functions and check valves releases the producer from any responsibility and warranty.
The warranty request will be taken into consideration only if the warranty registration data sheet, duly filled in and signed by the final purchaser, has been returned to Fassi UK Ltd and is registered to the Fassi Gru SpA warranty system.
To activate subsequent structural or extended 2nd year component warranty, documented proof of 12-month service & inspection by a FASSI UK authorised service partner, to include oil & filter change, must be logged with Fassi UK within 10 working days of first year expiry.
What is above expressly stated represents the only warranty granted by the producer and replaces in all effects any other warranty established by law.
It consequently expressly excludes the right of the purchaser to request the termination of the contract, the replacement of the crane, the refund of damages or reduction of the price.