Stabiliser ground pressures
For use in method statements & lift planning
The maximum** working pressure on the outrigger is contained in the use & maintenance manual supplied with the crane.
The unit of measure quoted is daN/cm2 or psi for the diamter of the standard outrigger foot supplied with the crane (not crane pads).
Click here to download a table with these values for all cranes: stabiliser-ram-pressures-04-19.
Click here for the stabiliser forces guidance note produced by ALLMI: allmi-guidance-notes—stabiliserforces
** Many factors influence the force found at a loader crane stabiliser support leg:
• If the vehicle is loaded or partially loaded
• The vehicle’s pneumatic tyres
• The vehicle’s suspension system
• The torsion resistance of the vehicle
• How hard the stabiliser jacks are deployed
• Working on sloping ground
The crane must be operated as stated in the use & maintenance manual supplied with the crane.